Two years on from the official launch of the new V/Line Mk3 livery, the following rolling stock has been painted in it:-
- 32% (8 of 25) of N Class Locomotives (includes 2 presently being repainted at Newport Workshops)
Repainted N’s: N460, N461, N466, N468, N469, N470 (with N453 and N462 presently undergoing repaint at Newport Workshops)
- 47% (26 of 55) of H type cars (includes 5 cars presently at Newport Workshops undergoing refurbishment and repaint)
Repainted H Sets: FSH23, FSH24, FSH25, SH27, SH30, SH31 (VSH28 is presently undergoing repaint at Newport Workshops; due out end of month)
- 49% (41 of 83) of N/Z/S type cars (includes 11 cars presently at Newport Workshops undergoing refurbishment and repaint)
Repainted N Sets/Cars: VN4, FN6, VN12, FN13, FN14, VN17, BTN251, BZN262, BZN265 (N2, N15, N16 are presently undergoing repaint at Newport Workshops; these sets will be used for standard gauge Albury services)
- 71% (15 of 21) of Sprinters (includes 1 unit presently at Seymour undergoing repaint)
Repainted Sprinters: 7001, 7002, 7003, 7007, 7008, 7009, 7011, 7012, 7013, 7014, 7015, 7017, 7018, 7022 (7010 is presently undergoing repaint at Seymour)
- Power vans PH454 (newly converted from stored DN van DN404) and PCJ493 (formerly PCO2, which is set for transfer to Southern Cross ex United Group Ballarat on Tuesday) are also in the new livery.
No A, P or Y class locomotives have been repainted to date, though there are plans for at least one A and P to be done within the next 6-12 months.
All this means that as of today, 46% of the loco hauled fleet of rolling stock has been repainted, 19% of locos have been repainted, and 71% of sprinters have been repainted, meaning overall, 43% of the loco/cars/sprinter fleet is in the new livery.
The repainting from red/white/blue to grey/red seems to be going along much more quickly than from tangerine to red/white/blue!
VLocities didn’t receive a new livery as such, but rather a modification; all three car units (3VL25-3VL41) and VL05, VL09, VL15, VL16 and VL22 have yellow cab fronts and anticlimber covers. VL23 and VL24 which are presently at Bombardier receiving their third car will also have the added yellow once they return to service.